Saturday, July 21, 2012

Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast


So I ordered this a couple weeks ago at Kiss Café in Seattle and vowed to recreate it for myself every day for the rest of my life.  Since, the part of my brain that cares if I weigh 300 lbs has found itself again so I have decided to only bring it out only on special occasions.  Today was such an occasion - my roommates birthday!

This recipe is incredibly simple, and horribly difficult to do wrong AND it tastes like heaven and perfection.

World's Best French Toast

Ingredients:
2 pieces of wheat bread
2 eggs
Ground cinnamon
1 banana
2 tbsp almond milk
Honey
1 tbsp Smooth peanut butter


Whisk together eggs in a shallow bowl wide enough to fit the bread. Add half a teaspoon of honey and 2 tbsp of almond milk to the egg mixture.  Dip bread into egg and place on griddle at low heat.  Sprinkle tops with cinnamon.  Flip several times until both sides are lightly brown.  Turn off heat and spread one piece of toast with peanut butter.  Arrange sliced banana over the peanut butter and put other piece of french toast on top.  Cut into quarters and drizzle with honey.  Enjoy your little slices of heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment